The Sephardic Museum provides good insight into the important Jewish legacy of Garnata al-Yahud
The origins of the Realejo district can be traced back to the original Jewish settlement, when the area was known as Garnata al-Yahud. This museum focuses on the culture, history and traditions of the Sephardic community, and its leading figures, who formed a part of the city up until their expulsion in 1492.
The house features day-to-day objects, maps of the city and a library specialising in Jewish subjects. The Jewish community remained in Granada for more than fifteen centuries and afforded figures of the standing of Samuel Ibn Nagrella, who installed a system of public baths in the city, and Yehudá Ibn Tibon, a doctor, translator, vizier and poet.