The former convent is now one of the University of Granada's buildings.
Its origin can be traced back to the upper vegetable gardens of the Mínimos de la Victoria Convent, which has now disappeared. In 1574, Father Antúnez purchased the orchards to construct his residence, although what we now see can be traced back to the 19th century.
The land currently occupied by the carmen is the result of the joining of two plots: Carmen del Pencal and Carmen del Olivarillo. The oldest area is formed by the avenue of cypress trees in the high section, which are complemented by beds of fruit trees and decorative plants surrounded by hedging, amongst which small fountains appear. The entire complex is a clear example of the regionalist carmens of the 19th century.
Today, it is serves as the guesthouse of the University of Granada.